Friday, October 19, 2012

Extra Life 2012 Is Tomorrow!

The Extra Life 2012 charity gaming marathon starts tomorrow, Saturday, October 20th! Starting at 8:00 AM, I'll be playing video games for 24 hours straight. That should be more than enough hours to log some good quality time with Dishonored, although I'll likely end up playing some Lego Star Wars with my son, and maybe a bit of Bomberman too. Regardless of what I'm playing, I'll be live blogging and tweeting all day, because the only thing more fun than playing video games for one full rotation of the Earth is reading about it on the Internet.

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who donated. Because of your amazing generosity (the average donation was $78.38!), we absolutely crushed our goal of $1,000, with our current total standing at $1,254. To be totally honest, part of the appeal of doing this charity event (other than the excuse to play video games, of course) is how good I would feel about myself. I wasn't expecting how good it would make me feel about other people.

If you haven't donated yet, there's still time! Here's a link to the donation page: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/appliedgaming.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! As for a Sunday with two kids and zero sleep... well, that I'm looking less forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment